This is the first part of 3 videos.
Video (5.40 min)
This video shows how to explore 3d pdfs that have been created from Revit BIM.
Data created in Revit can be copied into the 3D PDF.
We can use the 3D PDF to export this information further to an Excel Macro Sheet where we can manage the information in a simple table format.
The power of this process is:
- 3D PDF’s are viewable in free Adobe PDF Reader. We main ly use for 2D viewing, but the programme also views 3D PDF’s.
- The viewing software is free and is on most computers.
- Anyone can view the 3d model as its structured in plans/elevations/sections so easy to view
- We can export any data to a CSV file that can be read in Excel (a common programme)
- Inside Excel we can manipulate that data via a macro sheet to ordered table information (see part 2 )
The 2nd post in the series is here:
How to use 3D PDF’s & Excel Macro’s to manage your assets part 2 of 3
The 3rd post in the series is here:
How to use 3D PDF’s & Excel Macro’s to manage your assets part 3 of 3- Export from BIM
You can see more information on this site:
I hope this has been of interest. If you enjoyed this post please share it or click LIKE.