This is the 2nd part of 3 videos.
Video (8.58 min)
In this video we take the information we exported from the 3D PDF to CSV file and manage that data in the Excel Macro file.
We order that information by category so that it is easy to use.
The power of the 3D PDF and Macro Files combined are:
- The 3D PDF file & macro file can be sent to anyone with Adobe Reader & Excel to view and manage the data
- This information can be given to contractors to quote work on without having to visit site. All contractors have same quantities so you are comparing Apples with Apples in quotes
- This speeds up Tendering process
- Simple to use and share complex information by tabulating it by category
- Easy to share complex building data with anyone
- Easy to update BIM model with new data and create updated 3d pdf model
The Excel Macro used in this video is one I developed myself.
If you are interested in using it please contact me by following contact details on website at end of post below.
This post follows on from:
How to use 3D PDF’s & Excel Macro’s to manage your assets part 1 of 3
And the last post in the series is:
How to use 3D PDF’s & Excel Macro’s to manage your assets part 3 of 3- Export from BIM
You can see more information on this site:
I hope this has been of interest. If you enjoyed this post please share it or Click LIKE