Fields of Special Competence
- Electronic Data Capture & Visualisation for Asset & Facilities Management.
- Project planning & documentation. Interdisciplinary coordination and development for buildings (Architectural/Structural/Building Services & Project Management).
- Development project management & training.
- Registered NZ Architect
- SEI Building Energy Rating Domestic Assessor- November 2008
- Post Graduate Diploma in Development Studies (VUW) – 2003
- Associate NZIA-1994. Registered NZ Architect.
- Bachelor of Science (Mathematics major) (VUW) – 1991
- Bachelor of Architecture (Honours) (VUW) – 1988
- Bachelor of Building Science (VUW) – 1986
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Part 1 and Part 2 (Year 1of 2). City and Guilds – 1978.
- Wellington City Council, Strategic Asset Mgmt Team (Nz) April 2014 to Aug 2016
Asset Data electronic transfer via BIM & CAD from As-Built to Asset & Facilities Management Information systems for Buildings, 3 waters piped services & transport. Development and coordination of Electronic data transfer process for building assets using BIM, especially Revit but also Archicad & IFC’s to SPM database.
Development and coordination of Electronic Data transfer process in AutoCad for 3 Waters (Sewer,drain & potable) using proprietary Open Spatial data capture process for transferring As-built data to InfoNet.
Transferring bridge data from Revit to RAMM.
Developing 3D PDF data transfer for FM use.
Main tools: Revit, SQL, Excel,RTV Revit AddIn
- McKee Fehl (Nz) Dec 2013 to March 2014
Services & architectural coordinator using Revit on 8 story defence building refurbishment on Stout Street, Wtn. Coordinating services from sub-contractors, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, drainage, stormwater & fire services & architectural detailing of ramp at entry.
- Reconstruction Ltd, (NZ) April to November 2013
Site supervisor on internal fitout of Tory Central site for ANZ bank for 1200 staff. Overseeing remedial works in one block tenants had occupied and supervising new and refurbishment works in other blocks and overseeing QA for works.
- Stephenson & Turner(NZ)October 2012 to March 2013.
Senior Building Services Technician working on large seismic upgrading project and hospital clinic & Church in Samoa. Architectural designer Jan to March working on mixed used development of converting 3 story 1980’s office block to mixed used development in the Hutt to residential. Clinic and pharmacy using Revit & AutoCad.
- SEI Building Energy Rating Domestic Assessor (Ireland) – November 2008 to Sept 2012
Energy rating assessments on domestic properties in the Ireland in accordance with Sustainable Energy Ireland guidelines.
- NICER Training (ROI)- March 2012 to May 2012
Presenting and marking course in Domestic Building Energy Rating BER course for FETAC & SEAI accreditation
- Greenworks (ROI)- January 2011 to August 2011
Presenting courses in Domestic Building Energy Rating, fundamental & Full BER course & Environmental Design of domestic buildings for Pilot Environmental Project funded by Dept of Education & Skills, EU Social Fund & Ireland’s EU Structural Fund Programme.
- Max Drake Architects (NZ) – April 2006 to April 2008
Design development documentation for building services with MWH. Wanganui Hospital Acute Services Block HVAC & Victoria University Chemistry department lab upgrade.
Structural documentation for a number of projects with Holmes Consulting Group including Bridges, Event Centre & Supreme Court building including base isolation detailing.
Architectural design and documentation of Restaurant/bar in Wellington CBD & internal school refurbishment.
Documentation of Building Research Association NZ (BRANZ) Weathertightness books 1, 2, 3. Design & documentation of (BRANZ) Weathertightness books 5 & 6.
- Sinclair Knight Merz (NZ) – July 2005 to March 2006
Project architect designing Breast Screening Project & CTI/Gamma Radiography suite.
- Max Drake Architects (NZ) –November 2004 to June 2005
Draughting structural documentation for a number of projects with Holmes Consulting Group including Apartment Buildings, High Rise Office buildings & Prison
- Sinclair Knight Merz (NZ) –November 2003 to November 2004
Project architect supervising 1.5M Office Building Refurbishment & 0.7M High-rise building re-cladding project & Project Architect for $8.5M NZ Fire Services Training Facility in Rotorua. Documentation for Schering-Plough Animal Health Ltd Laboratory upgrade for vaccine lab.
- Max Drake Architects (NZ) –November 2002 to October 2003
Design development documentation for architectural and building services projects – Projects include library architectural development, laboratory gas services, shopping mall HVAC, water treatment plant piping design and layout & research laboratory HVAC for Industrial Research Ltd Purification finishing suite.
Attended VUW enrolled in Diploma of Development Studies, courses include development studies, geography of development, urban studies, hydrology and water management
- Auckland University of Technology [AUT] (NZ) – April to October 2002
Project manager for facilities management division responsible for new projects. Works include modification of auditorium to 2 lecture theatres (1.5M), upgrade of physiotherapy department (3M), cafeteria upgrade (0.5M), reuse of existing student hostel conversion to offices (2M), library upgrade (5M), project monitoring of 20M arts building. Managing redesignation of Akoranga Campus from Council District Plan for AUT as designating authority. Carpark studies with cost benefit analysis and policy recommendations. Working with user groups, AUT council and managers for development of briefs and budgets and instructing consultants, negotiating fees and project supervision of above projects.
- Max Drake Architects (NZ) –January to April 2002
Design development documentation for Meritec Consultants Ltd for Vodafone Technology Centre, Wellington including architectural and structural documentation. Office fitout for one floor in KPMG house for 70 pax. Structural documentation for apartment building in Hamilton. Design development for Papatoetoe Fire station for SKM
- United Nations –UNTAET (East Timor) – August to December 2001
Planning, designing and project management for relocation of UNTAET civilian and military personnel from Government site to preselected occupied site. Refurbishment of existing buildings, erecting new prefabricated buildings. Office relocation and medical centre relocation. Coordination with security, data, telephone, electrical, civil and sanitary and A/C teams. Internal labour and external contracts.
- Sinclair Knight Merz (NZ) – 2000 to 2001
Architectural, structural and building services design for hospital with 4 operating theatres and endoscopy unit and also Defence office extension. Building services designer for 4000m2 shopping complex and civic centre, library and arts centre
- United Nations- UNTAET (East Timor) – April to October 2000
Reconstruction unit and building maintenance section. Projects include architectural design, documentation and supervision of UNTAET mission projects including 100 man camp for PKF, international airport and district airfield extension, CivPol regional headquarters, radio and TV buildings, district police stations, water services building, warehouses, high court and judicial affairs office.
- Max Drake Architects (NZ) – 1999 to 2000
Design and detail of a number of projects including office interior fit-out, residential developments (architectural), psychiatric unit and court house (building services).
- VSA [Volunteer Services Abroad] (Cambodia) – 1997 to 1999
Lecturing at the Royal Faculty of Fine Arts, Faculty of Architecture and Urbanism, curriculum development and lecturing in computers in architecture, material science, environmental science, construction, project management and proportion and composition. Project management for International Volunteers Day Committee for 2 years at 2 orphanages, technical assistance with urban poor/squatter communities and with NGOs working with mine victims and other disabled communities.
- Max Drake Architects (NZ) – 1995 to 1997
Design and project managing fit-outs in the Wellington region and Cad installation management for architectural practices. Working with other practice on their major projects- recently with Craig Craig Moller on the Wellington Airport project.
- TrustBank New Zealand Ltd (NZ) –January to May 1995
Project Manager for 5 floor fit-out in CBD Tower and budget controller for 3 floor fit-out in CBD Tower.
- Interact Architects (NZ) – June to December 1994
Design/detail of 60 bed extension to Garden Park Royal, Queenstown. Fit-out for 5 floors in office tower for Trust Bank New Zealand.
- Worley Consultants (NZ) –1992 to 1994
Design/detail and admin of building services for hospitals/pharmaceutical developments. Architect and architectural designer for operating theatres/HNZ countrywide fit-out for 54 premises and other commercial fit-outs.
- Robert Stone and Co Ltd (NZ) – 1990 to 1992
Detail design and checking of process pipe work for Dupont Morrinsville processing plant. Project engineer and quality assurance/control engineer for:
1/ 3 heat exchangers designed and built to ASME 8 Div1 for NZFP
2/ wood pulp screening module 6m x 6m x20m for NZFP.
- Rankine and Hill Ltd & Seton Morgan Architects (NZ) – 1988 to 1990
Design and detail of building services on a variety of buildings including St Lukes Shopping Centre redevelopment. Design and detail of domestic scale buildings including pool and spa design.
- Interact‑ Roger Walker (NZ) and Databank Systems Ltd (NZ) – 1986 to 1988
Detail and design of 150 bed hotel complex in Queenstown. Interior design and detailing of offices, both new and old.
- Morrison Cooper and Partners Ltd (NZ) – 1985 to 1986
Architectural detailing of 16 story twin tower and podium development
- Beca Carter Hollings and Ferner Ltd (NZ) – 1983 to 1984
Design and detail of building services systems on a variety of projects
- Lurgi Pty Ltd (Australia) –February to November 1982
Design and detail of SO3 piping system for power station.
- Hammil and McKinney Architects. (USA) – October to December 1981
Design and detail of building services systems for fast food restaurants in the southern states of America.
- PAI, Hochtief. (West Germany) –1980 to 1981
Design, detail and MTO for HVAC, lighting, electrical, plumbing, fire protection for a hospital and an international airport in the Middle East petrol station tank detailing.
- Taylor Woodrow & Trocon Engineering Ltd (England) – 1978 to 1980
Laboratories and hospitals.
- Apprenticeship‑ Henry Hargreaves and Sons (England) – 1975 to 1978
Year1‑Attending HEGTC learning basic engineering skills such as turning, milling, fitting, circuit wiring welding and technical drawing.
Years 2 &3‑ Design, detail and surveying Air Conditioning systems in a variety of buildings in Central London.
Curriculum for Faculty of Architecture & Urbanism, Royal University of Phnom Penh, Cambodia. 10 lecture courses in Environmental Science, Proportion & Composition, Project Management, Construction, Material Science, Computers in Architecture (in English & translated into Khmer)
Special Courses attended
Red R- (Register of Engineers for Disaster Relief) Essentials of Humanitarian Practice Disaster Relief Workers Training Course-2002, Personal Security & Communications PSC07 Training Course-2006
- Owner/Manager of Albany Lodge Conference Centre, Auckland, NZ-1988 to 1992
General management of the facilities for conferences and functions, responsible for marketing, sales, administration and operation
- Warden of Victoria House, University Hall of Residence, VUW – January to December 1987
Responsible for the management of the hall, and for the health and welfare of the 157 residents from 21 different countries.
- Deputy Warden of Weir House, University Hall of Residence, VUW – 1984 to 1985
Responsible for the physical security of the hall, and the residents on weekends and evenings. Being “on call” for any after hour emergencies and caring for the general health and welfare of the residents.