The 3D PDF export process from Revit creates a 3D PDF file that is viewable with Adobe PDF reader.
- We setup preset views of 3D, floor plans, elevations, and sections.
- We locate 3D Text in the Rooms showing Room Name, Room Number (and Department/other data if required) for easy navigation.
- Within the 3D pdf, you can modify the views so that you create your own viewpoints
- Any shared parameter data in the Revit model will be exported to the 3D PDF file.
We can also create specific views that can be combined with other views:
- Displaced views that focus on specific elements or services, such as HVAC systems, lighting, electrical, fire, piped services etc
- Filter by colour to allow for highlighting of specific elements/systems
The video below demonstrates some of the useful aspects of 3D PDF’s:
We can also set-up shared parameters and populate them inside the Revit model, prior to creating 3d PDF for things like:
- Specific room parameters such as floor net wall area, condition, perimeter, wall/floor ceiling structures, wall/floor ceiling finishes. These are based by category.
- With more sophisticated processes we can validate the data to ensure it harmonised with your Asset Management Information System.